1. Tell us about yourself and how did you develop an interest in fashion?
My name is Jennifer Nguyen and I am from the Washington DC metropolitan area. I developed an interest in fashion when attending a private school where we had to wear uniforms daily. Every now and then we would have “tag days” where we could don other clothes as long as it adhered to the theme of the tag day. I always looked forward to these days as a break from our uniforms and share my form of creative expression.
2. One best thing about being a fashion blogger.
The best thing I would have to say is to inspire young women to be fearless, bold, and authentic in not only their style but in turn themselves.
3. Describe your style and who influenced you to pursue fashion.
My style has a bohemian flair to it with a lot of 70s era influence. Style gurus I admire are Olivia Culpo, Pamela Allier, and Rachel Bilson.
4. Is blogging your profession or hobby?
Blogging is a hobby, an outlet for creative expression.
5. What are your favourite designer and brands you like to shop?
In terms of high-end designers, I love the romantic elegance of Marchesa. For day to day brands, I’ll shop everywhere from Forever 21 to Agaci to Goodwill.
6. Things you first notice on anyone’s outfit.
The first thing I notice is the confidence in which the person owns the outfit.
7. One recent trend that you love the most.
I love the sheer mesh socks trend. I think it’s a fun simple yet elegant touch to dress up an ensemble subtly.
8.One fashion rule you never break.
I would never wear white to a wedding; I think it’s disrespectful.
9. Your current style icon.
As stated above, I love the boldness of Pamela Allier.
10. Which city do you consider most fashionable?
New York City.
11. What is your must-have accessory and perfume?
My must-have accessory is a watch and perfume I currently like the sweetness of Juicy Couture.
12. One thing you splurge on.
13. What is your favourite item in your closet right now?
14. What advice do you want to give to other bloggers?
Be jennuine 😉 in your style and who you are!
Visit her Instagram @justjennuine for latest fashion trends.