1. Tell us about yourself and how did you develop an interest in fashion?
The internet knows me as Jocelyn Fotografia, but my real name is Jocelyn Castillo. I’m from Nicaragua born and raised and since very little I took a passion for travelling where I was exposed to different cultures that helped me appreciate that different styles that exist across the globe. I took an interest in how us girls express ourselves through our style depending on where we are located or where we are from. It happens to all of us, we plan our outfits when we travel. Some of us even pack a day and night outfit for a specific city because we feel as though we have to feel our best when we are out and about. I love that through fashion we can express our personalities with a simple look.
2. One best thing about being a fashion blogger.
I love that I don’t have to fit in anywhere. I am myself and this is my style and it’s inspiring to see how so many girls can relate to this.
3. Describe your style and who influenced you to pursue fashion.
I am definitely a mixture of bohemian and street. After watching Gossip Girl, I grew a special love for fashion.
4. Is blogging your profession or hobby?
At first, blogging was definitely a hobby and an outlet to connect with my following. Though now I do see it as a profession, I wouldn’t consider it a job. Blogging is constantly allowing me to be creative and passionate about the content that I post.
5. What are your favourite designer and brands you like to shop?
I’m honestly not a big brands kind of girl. I feel like there’s a new trend every single day thanks to social media, so I just either love the trend or skip to the next.
6. Things you first notice on anyone’s outfit.
Definitely their shoes!!
7. One recent trend that you love the most.
Gingham. I took full advantage of it. I bought Gingham in almost every single color in dresses, tops, blazers, you name it!
8.One fashion rule you never break.
NO SOCKS AND SANDALS PLEASE!
9. Your current style icon.
My girl- Song of Style.
10. Which city do you consider most fashionable?
New York hands down.
11. What is your must-have accessory and perfume?
Valentina by Valentino as far as perfumes and I never leave home without my purse.
12. One thing you splurge on.
Shoes. I can’t stop buying them.
13. What is your favourite item in your closet right now?
My denim jackets. I wear them throughout every single season.
14. What advice do you want to give to other bloggers?
Don’t compare yourself to anyone and keep pushing to being the best version of you. We all have a story to tell.
15. If you could have three wishes, what would those be?
I would love to adopt a puppy right now, travel to Australia on my own, and volunteer for 6 months in a third-world country.