1. Tell us about yourself and how did you develop an interest in fashion?
Hi! I’m Kat, I’m 23, and a sassy Puerto Rican gal living in South Florida. I think I’ve always had an interest in fashion since my early years. My mom told me I would love to pick out my own outfits as a kid and I steal her lipsticks. That totally carried over throughout my life, without the lipstick stealing!
2. One best thing about being a fashion blogger.
For the stage I’m in now I would say the best thing about being a fashion blogger is getting to share my unique point of view when it comes to styling. Being able to create content authentic to who I am to be of influence to others is my favorite part.
3. Describe your style and who influenced you to pursue fashion.
My style. Well, for starters it’s mine. Haha, I love to constantly switch it up and get out of my comfort zone. I would say it’s a mix up of edgy with a side of chic but also urban in a sophisticated way. Does that sum it up?
4. Is blogging your profession or hobby?
Blogging right now is a part-time profession! I’m working on that making this creative outlet a full-time profession.
5. What are your favourite designer and brands you like to shop?
Oh, designer. It’s not the best ‘bloggeresque’ answer but I honestly love fast fashion and thrift finds. You’ll always catch me at a sale in H&M and you’ll totally see me at my local thrift shop.
6. Things you first notice on anyone’s outfit.
If they’re layering and how they’re doing it. I love getting inspired by creatives around me!
7. One recent trend that you love the most.
The baker boy hats. YES! Oh, and the huge fanny pack come back.
8. One fashion rule you never break.
I break all of them.
9. Your current style icon.
Hmmm, I never know how to answer questions like this. So I’ll say any Parisian woman killing it is my style icon.
10. Which city do you consider most fashionable?
Well, Paris. Of course.
11. What is your must-have accessory and perfume?
A belt, for anything! And perfume? Right now I’m loving the Açaí Baie parfum from Urban Outfitters.
12. One thing you splurge on.
Shoes! And makeup.
13. What is your favourite item in your closet right now?
My vintage cognac leather fanny pack! I’m thinking about getting it embroidered. I’m getting married soon so I was thinking of getting my new initials? Maybe?
14. What advice do you want to give to other bloggers?
To not focus so much on ‘strategy and fitting in’. Instead just put out great content, be unique in your point of view with your blog, make genuine relationships and get better every day.
15. If you could have three wishes, what would those be?
to travel anywhere without a care.
to have a driver, I hate driving.
to meet at least one person that I’ve made smile – through my blog.